Claudia Fiocchetti is an accredited art conservator specialising in the conservation of:
- FRESCOS and WALL PAINTINGS
- MARBLE and STONE inter alia
- DECORATIVE PLASTER and STUCCOS
- DECORATIVE INTERIORS
Claudia trained in Painting Conservation in Rome, she has a degree in ‘Conservation of Cultural Heritage’ and a post-graduate degree certificate in ‘Safeguarding and increasing the value of Cultural Heritage’. As well as undertaking practical conservation projects she has also taught both theoretical and practical topics in the conservation of works of art.
Since 1993, she has been working in Italy, UK, France and Egypt in a freelance capacity in collaboration with highly respected conservation practices, as well as independently for private clients.
As additional study she attended the following short conservation courses:
- 20th International Course on Stone Conservation – SC17-organised by ICCROM and INAH, attended in Mexico City and Chicanná (Campeche), Mexico – 19/03/2018 – 18/05/2018.
- Examining Cross-Section of Paint Layers-Tutor: Tracey Chaplin-Attended at London Metropolitan University-organised by International Academic Projects- 23/25 November 2015.
- Digital Photography for Conservators Workshop-Tutor: Jason Revell (Northumbria University)-organised by Icon Scotland Group at the Scottish National Portrait Gallery Edinburgh on the 7th September 2015.
- Identification of Pigments-Tutor: Dr Tracey Chaplin-London-organised by International Academic Projects-3-6 August 2015
- Non Invasive Diagnostics for paintings-Summer lab-NID4P organised by Simone Caglio and Open Care S.p.a.-Milan (Italy) – 20-31 July 2015.
- Moulding and Casting of Museum Objects-Tutor Benner Larsen-Dianuland (Denmark)-organised by International Academic Projects, 1-5 June 2015.
In addition to practical conservation treatments, she undertakes graphic and photographic documentation, site management, preliminary condition surveys, image analysis diagnostic campaigns, conservation specifications, project documentation and treatment reports.
She is an Accredited Member of ICON (The Institute of Conservation), an ordinary member of IIC (International Institute for Conservation), ICOMOS (International Council on Monuments and Sites), CIPA Heritage Documentation and TPF (Traditional Paint Forum).
She is based in London and is available to work throughout the UK and internationally.
Photo credit: Claudia Fiocchetti